Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Growing Up Pedro comes out TODAY!



Growing Up Pedro, my picture book biography of newly elected Baseball Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez, is officially available today!

This is the seventh book I've written, and the sixteenth I've illustrated. And of all the books I've worked on, this one was my favorite. From re-watching some of Pedro's greatest games and reliving some of my favorite baseball memories, to traveling to the Dominican Republic to learn what life was like for Pedro as a kid, to spending countless hours reading and re-reading interviews and articles about Pedro's remarkable journey, I truly loved every minute of the process. I hope that shines through in the final product.

Here are a few links, if you'd like to order a copy (thanks in advance, if you do):

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1mfpHL9
Indiebound: http://bit.ly/1r1QWsR
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1o3V8ng


And here's the trailer:



I've got a few events coming up. More are in the works, but here's what's confirmed so far:

February 27, 7:00 pm, launch event at Porter Square Books in Cambridge, MA
March 8,  2:00 pm launch event at Book Ends in Winchester, MA
March 14, 1:00 pm, signing at Barnes and Noble in Newington, NH
April 14, 3:00-5:00 pm, "Authorfest" book signing at the town hall in Winchester, MA

And if you happen to be in New England, check out this awesome promotion Candlewick has put together. Good reason to head down to your local independent bookstore!

And one more bit of good news: pitchers and catchers report to spring training in ten days! Baseball season is just around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment