Tuesday, January 31, 2012

207

Yesterday my friend, the incredibly talented Chris Van Dusen and I were interviewed by Kathleen Shannon for the tv show, 207. The segment will air on February 16 on Maine's NBC affiliate, WCSH-6, a couple days after our new books come out.

Since Chris and I both have books coming out on the same day, and both books are published by Candlewick Press, and both books happen to be about baseball... we thought it would be fun to do some events together. So we've got a little tour planned at bookstores around Maine and New Hampshire.

Once all the details are squared away, I'll post the whole list of dates. But if you happen to be in southern Maine, mark this one on your calendars: 

Book Launch Celebration with Chris Van Dusen and Matt Tavares
Febraury 25 at Kennebooks in Kennebunk, Maine at 10:30 am.
Join us as we celebrate the release of our new baseball books,  
and Randy Riley's Really Big Hit (by Chris). 

Hope to see some of you there! In the meantime, I feel like we need to come up with some sort of name for this tour. The Van Dusen/Tavares Home Run Trot? Hmmm... If you have a suggestion, please leave a comment!

Chris Van Dusen, me, and Kathleen Shannon on the set of 207

Chris and me with our new baseball books


No comments:

Post a Comment